Thursday, November 11, 2021

PLANNING: OUR COMP LIST

PLANNING; OUR COMP LIST

Kezia Williams, of Entertainment One UK, on the FutureLearn Film Distribution by the Film Distributors Association, She highlights the importance of knowing your target audience. She asks questions like "what drives them to the cinema" and "what interests do they have". According to Kezia Williams, distributors create a comp list, which is what I am going to do.

She also says distributors will compare data of films that are similar in their genre, selling points and story. The target audience and budget is formulated from what box office take was like with previous films and the types of audience that saw those films. The target audience can be analysed to find the gender gap, and which cinemas the target audience usually frequent.



I learnt from this and put together my own comp list, consisting of three films that I would regard to follow similar themes and that my target audience might also enjoy:

O by Matt S

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

I worked with Rebecca Todd 1982 Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film (to last a maximum of two minutes). We ma...